Friday, September 14, 2012

Our little charming boy!

I am just soooo happy to write that the past chiropractic visits have turned my baby into a completely different person!  You know the saying - "you don't know what you have until it's gone"?  Well, it is also true that you don't know what you didn't have until you have it!  I didn't know just how fussy Kevin was until he quit being fussy!  He is so happy all the time now, smiling, cooing, making little squeaks that surprise even himself!  I feel just awful for not helping him to feel better sooner!  After his adjustment, he had a series of BM's that I think flushed out whatever it was in there because they now smell normal, and his gas has GREATLY decreased and no longer smells so bad.  He doesn't spit-up as much, and is more relaxed, less rigid when you hold him.  Best of all, he has started displaying sleeping patterns and sleeping about 7 hrs (+ or -) at night.  You know that means mommy is feeling better too!

Praise the Lord for answering this prayer so quickly in such a positive way!

It is almost more than I can stand to watch Kendra talk to him, animated and complete with many hand gestures, and see Kevin beam back at her with his enormous toothless grin!  He even takes little breaks to look up at me while feeding and smile his big dimply grin before finishing his meal.  Everything seems to make him smile, talking, eating, changing his diaper, playing with his feet...

I wish I could say that I didn't let my circumstances effect me so much, but, well, I am simply not there yet.

If only I could remember what this moment has taught me for the next time...maybe then I wouldn't need so many lessons!

Kendra's vocabulary has grown a lot this week.  Just today she calmly informed me in the car that "baby is hunry", since he was crying in his seat (and he was hungry...we were almost home from errand running.)  I think she is going to morph into my little helper very soon.  Already she is thrilled to help me unload the dishwasher or "bake".

Last Sunday at church she was looking through some vowel sound cards that a teacher had left laying out.  She pointed to the "a" and said 1.  Then she pointed to a different card that had "oo" on it and counted "1,2" pointing to each "o"!  I did not prompt her to try and count them...I was so surprised she remembered and used the skill appropriately!  (she isn't yet 2!)  I am often finding out she understands waaaaay more than I think, but she doesn't always put it together the right way just yet.

This morning she woke up earlier than usual (6am) and came into my room.  I pulled her up into bed and said to her, "Kendra, you need to stop waking up when it is still dark outside."  She replied in a very inquisitive voice, "why?"  It was as if she really wanted to know, why mommy?  Why shouldn't I wake up now?  :-)  Not more than an hour later I was up nursing Kevin and she wiggled next to me on our rocking chair.  She has to sit on the arm or stand and lean against me, but she insists on being up there with us.  This morning I snuggled my cheek against her chest and asked her for a kiss.  She planted a big juicy one on my lips, and I snatched another peck on the cheek before she bent back up.  Then I told her, "Mmmm, Mommy needs more kisses on your cheek, that was delicious."  She looked at me and smiled and calmly said, "Ahh dunn."  But when I asked her please, she gave me a few more sleepy baby cheek kisses.  I can't believe how fast she is growing!
Kevin, 2 months 12lbs, 11oz

Kendra, 2 months 
Do you think they look alike?  Kevin is definitely bigger.  I couldn't find how much Kendra weighed, but I know for sure that Kevin looks more like her 3 or 4 month old pics so I bet that she weighed close to 13 lbs at that age...she did start at only 6lbs 2 oz!


No comments: