And teething...the top front 2 teeth. I think he also has a cold, but it is hard to tell some of the symptoms apart. I am a little sad, as I remember when Kendra got hers, it took awhile to get used to the new look. No more gummy smiles.
He is still not too interested in food, but he will gladly play along if you let him hold the spoon after a few bites. I kept thinking maybe solids would help him last longer at night between feedings, but I just think we are going to have to keep inching away at sleeping longer stretches.
He has now pretty much outgrown his 12 month clothes, and fills out the 12-18 monthers just right. I'm starting to think all those 12 month outfits I grabbed at garage sales for this summer are going to belong to someone else :-(. That will teach me to plan too far ahead! He currently weighs in at 22.5 lbs and is 29in tall!
He STILL does not crawl! I think it is a matter of mechanics as he is strong enough. Or maybe he is just more laid back and not too worried about getting from here to there for himself yet. Yes, I do tote him around, it is quite a work out for the arms and back! He has really been trying to get into the crawl position, but his second leg just gets caught under his gut and so until he figures out how to move it from under there he is effectively anchored. :-) He will scootch around on his tummy, but not very far due to the enormous amount of effort to get his bulk from point a to ...well... not quite b, haha! He mostly spins around in circles, bobbing his head and kicking his feet in futility!
Since he is such a stable sitter, we have had a few sitting-up baths in the big tub. His sister still has an overly paranoid fear (that I don't mind) of deep water (more than 1inch) that has gradually lessened with age. Kevin, not so much! I am going to have to keep a very close eye on him. I do anyway, but just to give you an idea: He face planted into the tub and when I hurriedly lifted him up he fought me, trying not to let me bend him back up at the waist into a sitting position. He promptly tried to do it again. No more sitting-up baths! When showering, he tries to put his face in the spray and laughs when it hits him. He loves it! He is going to LOVE the swimming pool this summer. :-)
We went to the park yesterday and it was his first time in the swing. He loved it! Not a bit scared. It was all I could do not to grab him and squeeze him - seeing his fat little legs dangling down and his chubby fingers holding onto the swing while he giggled and smiled!
A few things that I love about him right now are:
His chubby little hands and feet. Each digit on both his hands and his feet is deliciously plump and squishy. I love how he uses his pointer finger to investigate things, carefully prodding or poking the new item to test the effect in slow motion, drool dripping from his lower lip.
I love how he knows when someone is peeking in the doorway when I'm feeding or rocking him to sleep, and he has to stop what he is doing and crank his head around to smile at them. He can't be bothered to eat or rest when there is someone to interact with in the room - which is hard on sister - who must be banished to the toy room or to read now during nursing sessions.
I love how he has to always be moving something, either kicking his feet, waving his arms, or bending his hands back and forth at the wrist.
I am starting to like how he gets comfort from holding my hair - now that we have been working on not ripping it out of my head!
I think it's funny how he laughs at everything when he is too tired. Literally, everything. He gets slap happy!
He has crazy hair, often he will wake up from a nap with a curl exactly on the top of his head in the middle, just like a cupie doll!
And I absolutely love how he leans forward and reaches out his arms to me when he wants me - even if Daddy is holding him! He's my little cuddle bear!
1 comment:
Look at those sumo-thighs! He looks like a Sharpei.
Post a Comment