Sunday, April 28, 2013

10 Months & What a week!

Well, Kevin is 10 months!  We made it to 10 months without crawling, and with only 2 teeth.  I think he is working hard in the teeth department, he's been super cuddly!  He does crawl now, but still pretty half heartedly and at a snail pace...lucky mommy!

As I noted in the title of this post, it has been quite a whirlwind going on here the past 10 days or so.  April 25th, (my birthday) we looked at a house, made and offer, and got accepted!  Yes, I got a new house for my birthday, LOL!  We worked like mad the rest of the week to get our house ready to put on the market.  We had a brief set back though on Monday - I spent most of the day at the ER with Kevin.  He was mildly dehydrated, running a fever that wouldn't go down.  He turned out fine after IV fluids, and we just think he had too much going on with his weaning, teething, & a virus.  In the midst of all that we included getting ready to have a garage sale (which we wound up postponing due to snow!).  Tuesday, we got the paperwork done and Wednesday our house officially hit the internet.  Thursday we kept getting calls letting us know we had another showing for Friday.  We had 6 total, with another scheduled for Saturday morning.  By the end of Friday, we had 2 offers on our house, and we accepted one.  So in less than 48hrs we sold our house, pending any problems of course.  Whew!  What a week!  We should be moving the end of May, Lord willing.

I have realized more than ever since beginning to wean with Kevin just how stubborn he is.  He has steadfastly refused to drink anything from any type of cup or bottle for more than 3 days - hence the dehydration dilemma.  Well, nurse him you say?  Umm...it doesn't come back that quickly or I would, trust me!  For various health related issues I have had to go off the special diet I was on to nurse him.  He immediately started having the bowel/sinus/allergy issues so the less he nurses the better he feels....but it certainly left me with an aching heart during this transition.  He just didn't understand it, and I knew that every time I gave in it set us back again trying to get him to drink from the bottle - he's so smart, he knows he can get what he wants if he waits long enough!  We have had that issue with him sleeping too.  The kid does NOT give up - hours and hours and hours he will fight the fight.  It's better sometimes just not to even go there.  For instance, tonight I patiently and lovingly rocked him to sleep, just as he likes.  Laid him in his bed, only to hear ear deafening screams of anger when the door closes.  I can let him scream, but he will do so for at least an hour, if not 2-3, so really, listen to him scream, or go back and rock him again, eventually you just want to go to bed, so what would you do?  I did this 3 times.  Finally, on the 3rd time he was so worn out he stayed asleep.  All I can say is may the Lord give us wisdom to help turn this trait into a positive in his life, and much patience for the process that it will be.  Despite this stubbornness, he still remains a very jolly little guy.  He can entertain himself for 20-30 minutes emptying his toy box, or his sister's.  As soon as all his demands needs are met he is the happiest person in the house!  (Aren't we all that way!  Ha!)

Being silly!

It got pretty quiet in the kitchen, but when I investigated I found it was because Kendra was helping him drink his bottle!  (We finally got one he likes!)  Such a little mommy.  She loves helping take care of him - except for diaper changing!

Add caption

They love bath time!


1 comment:

The Horaks said...

Praying for you with the sleeping/eating troubles! You poor Mommy! On top of all the excitement/stress of moving, too! Sending you a virtual hug and asking God to give you and your family lots of grace!!