Monday, March 18, 2013

My Girl!


Lately it has been a chatty place around our house!  Kendra has launched new words, sentences, and put together thoughts for us daily that continue to keep things lively.  I need to stop and write down more of them as they come, as I fail to memorize or remember them accurately!  Some of the most recent are starting to sound grown up!

Grandpa was over and asked if she was the boss - I think she was being a little demanding...she immediately responded "NO!  I'm a cocky cat (copy cat).  Mommy's a boss.  And Daddy is too, but he's a coookie monster.  And Kenan is a spppssps!"  I asked her what that was, and apparently, it is her interpretation of a bumblebee buzzing.  :-)  I could not get to the bottom of why he is like a bumblebee, but it is his new title.  She definitely lives up to her "copy cat" name...if you do it, she will too!

Another time while driving, and she knew we were in a hurry, stopped at a light, she said "C'mon cars, drive!"

My favorite one this week, was with Grandpa Wise.  We had supper with them and Auntie & Uncle, and after supper we were visiting in the living room.  Grandpa was sitting on the floor and as Kendra walked past him he asked her if she need to go potty (she was doing the potty jig :-)).  She got all excited and yelled "Yes!  Take me!"  And threw her arms around his neck in complete and happy surrender.  We were all cracked up!

Her other sweet little phrases are soo precious to me.  I don't know if they will last, or if she is just going through a phase of sweet spirit but I hope it is truly her disposition.  She will say things like, Mommy, I'll be patient (when waiting for me to finish with Kevin) or after I tell her to or Not to do something, Yes Mommy!  I'm mommy's good girl, etc...  I have prompted her in the past to say yes mommy, so I know she hears me, but now she does it all her own.  Today she burst into tears when I asked her why she did something naughty.  I said, why are you crying?  "Because I disobeyed mommy!"  (I hadn't even given her consequences - she was sorry and so we talked about not doing it again.)  I love how when she get's upset, or when she knows she did something that is not allowed, she can't move on until we make up and she gets a kiss.  Ok, I just like that she still wants my kisses.

She loves to blow raspberries on my cheeks to tease me instead of giving me a kiss.  (I kind of act like it is silly, but I like it!  :-)

She has started pulling her own pants down, going to the bathroom, and (I hope) wiping while I am tied up nursing or sometimes she just goes to the bathroom by herself instead of telling me she needs to go!  She LOVES washing her hands, and is obsessed with the soap!  I ought to buy stock in it or something!  I am breathing a sigh of relief that she finally seems to understand how the whole thing should go down, and how the urge feels, what to do, which muscles to keep tight, etc..YAY!  She even tries to keep her diaper dry at nap time, and wakes up to go potty at night!  YYYYYYYYYYAY!

Her other current obsession is the garbage truck.  She tells me at least once per day that it comes on friday, only her "f's" are "h's" so it sounds like hideay.  She likes saying the names of the days - and for sure knows Sunday, Wednesday, & Friday.

I have been telling her some Spanish words.  This morning, I randomly pulled one out to see if she remembered - I told her morning Chica.  She goes, "chica is a girl!"  :-)  Guess it is working!

We went to a wedding of some friends of ours last Saturday.  All day, she was soooo excited because she was going to wear a pretty dress, and so was Allie, the bride.  And Mr Simon and Miss Allie were getting married!  Today she recapped the experience to me again, she wore a pretty dress.  It was red.  "Miss Allie wore a pretty dress too!  It was wipe."  I said, do you mean white?  "Yes, like the wipes.  They got mawrry!"  Haha!
She's talking and he's plotting...

He looks so innocent...but...

Watch out Kendra!  A slobber kiss from Kevin!

All ready to go out and scoop snow with Daddy!  Yeah!
She asked me if she could hold him...he's more than half her size & only a few pounds less!

No comments: