Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Finally! Dairy free creamer that tastes good. Soy, gluten, sugar & dairy Free.

I have been using this stuff:

It is fabulous...but expensive.  I can go through this carton by myself in about 2 weeks give or take.  (I usually have two cups of coffee/day, but I'm trying to cut back to one.)

The problem I encountered was that most "dairy" free creamers either were soy based - YUCKY, or just were not that creamy and rich.  Not to mention the cost.  So, for store bought, you can fork over $4.69 for this barista style creamer (don't be fooled by their other kind, it isn't the same).
OR
You can try making your own.  I don't know if it will be that much cheaper - but it all depends on what kind of sale shopper you are.  I have dates from Costco that are pretty cheap bought in bulk ($2/lb), and I buy canned coconut milk on sale - so for me it is a savings but if you don't buy on sale probably you will spend the same.

The recipe I use is from this site:  Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Paleo Coffee Creamer Recipe

If you are not into dates, or you don't care about a little sugar in your coffee I would use a simple syrup to sweeten it and skip the date paste.  Then you would cut out a little cost too.  I say, a few tablespoons of sugar sweetened creamer in your coffee can't hurt that much if you are being healthy otherwise!  :-)

So, you CAN have your creamy delicious coffee without cows milk - seriously - this should like make your day for the next week!  Ha!

No comments: